The Best Party in Billings lived up to its name when a record 2,500 people showed up to celebrate the trails.
New this year was a professionally judged beer competition, where Montana brewers were invited to enter a Wheat, American IPA or Amber/Red category.
Winners of the Wheat included:
- 1st place: Diamond X Beer Co.
- 2nd place: Bayern Brewing, Inc.
- 3rd place: Lewis & Clark Brewing Co.
Winners of the American IPA were:
- 1st place: Thirsty Street Brewing Co
- 2nd place: Lewis & Clark Brewing
- 3rd place: Kettle House Brewing Co.
Winners of the Amber/Red:
- 1st place: Diamond X Brewing Co.
- 2nd place: Lewis & Clark Brewing Co.
- 3rd place: Crazy Peak Brewing Co.
“My vision was to have this amazing party. Everything worked just like I’d envisioned, and our committee and all of our volunteers helped make it a big sucess: the entertainment was great, people were having fun, and we raised a lot for the trails,” says Lynn Harper, Billings TrailNet’s program coordinator and organizer of Ales for Trails.
Next year we will host Ales for Trails again at ZooMontana Friday, Sept. 8.
“We’ll plan for 3,000 next year, with great live music, exceptional microbrews and all of the fun people come to Ales for Trails to enjoy,” she says.